Google
 

I, for one, welcome our new robotic overlords.

Robots everywhere!!!!!!! Robot robot robot robot.

There's the almost desirable American weeding robot. (Although I'd love to see the garden where they tested that - I bet they lost a lot of nice plants while fine tuning the weed-identification program.)

There's the cute but frighteningly insane Japanese sommelier robot who thinks that reporters taste like proscuitto and go well with a nice chianti. Mmmmmmm, long pig.

There's the extra-super-scary Korean Gun-Toting Sentry robot who has weapons and shoots to kill. Eeep.

There's the even scarier Israeli killer hornet robot. What the fuck? Are they just going to release a swarm in Gaza? How do they train their killer hornet robots to go for Palestinians and not, oh, Israelis? Seriously, this needs further thought. Are the Israelis embedding rfid tags in their citizens or something? Ok, I'm just going to go put on my tinfoil tricorn now.

Now, take in the fact that Cornell has just made a self-repairing/adjusting to injury robot. ( Hardware much? Has anyone in the world seen that movie besides me? And don't talk to me about Terminator 3 or any of that nonsense. Hardware was scary as hell, and Arnold Schwarznegger is a loathsome pain in the ass, environmental initiatives notwithstanding.)

No, seriously, I just hope no one introduces the humans-taste-like-bacon robot to the automated pig slaughter robots. Also, I really really don't want crazy hornet sized killer robots building a hive in my yard. I also really think its a bad idea to, you know, line your freaking borders with armed robots. You know what? Maybe we should stop making so many fucking killer robots. Stick with roombas and maybe weeding robots.

Frakkin' toasters.

So this is how it started.

No comments: