Google
 

"Whiskey is for drinking and water is for fighting." What?

Montana is suing Wyoming again, claiming that Wyoming is using more than it's negotiated share of the water supply from the Tongue and the Powder rivers.

"The lawsuit is a sharp escalation in the water fight between the states.

"Whiskey is for drinking and water is for fighting," said Montana Attorney General Mike McGrath Thursday in a press conference announcing the suit. "That's where we are with Wyoming on a number of levels." LINK

I have no idea what he's talking about, but if the famously armed and ornery residents of Montana and Wyoming get all liquored up and start some border battle over the Tongue River, I am so there. You know, if I can get some body armor and a book deal.

As unhinged as it sounds, this water/whisky dichotomy reminds me of some lines from one of my all time favorite blues songs.

Oh Lord give me water,
when I'm thirsty,
Give me whiskey,
when I'm dry.
Give me Alberta,
when I need her,
and Heaven when I die.

Anyway, here's more background on the brewing water war between the states. More interstate water based conflicts, coming soon! Keep tuned, to WLGD. Here with what you need to know, before you knew you needed to know it.

No comments: