Google
 

About 1 out of every 300 people in the US lost power in the ice storm. Wow.

Ok, is my math off on this? This is astonishing. The ice storm has knocked out power to

135,000 homes and businesses in New York and New Hampshire
312,000 homes and businesses in Missouri
112,000 homes and businesses in Oklahoma
127,000 homes and businesses in Michigan
---------
686,000 homes and businesses

Assuming (roughly) 2 people per domicile, so roughly 1.2 million people, that's (roughly) 1 out of every 300 Americans who are sitting in the dark right now. That's some kick-ass weather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, so my new house might be screwed. I have no idea if the pipes froze, but my new hometown is still without power. YAY! Thank God we're not moving until next week. That should be sufficient time for those Missourians to get their shit together (I hope).

-Jess