Google
 

Well, I went to the protest/peace rally thing.


Went to the protest rally thing organized in response to shrub's "surge" troop escalation plan. It was ok. I always feel strange at such things. Bored, and kind of naive and sheeplike. Ineffectual and overly hearty, like an idealistic lacrosse captain.
There were about 80 people there, which is pretty good for this kind of thing, especially organized overnight. The only thing is, I think some people just brought whatever signs they had lying around- most were Iraq war related, but there was an "Impeach", a "Vote!" (Vote when? And for who? That was annoying. They were on a different corner than me, though, and I think that was probably good. I was feeling so snarky I might have fought at the peace rally), and some kids had a banner that said "War Stinks", which, well, it was kids so I suppose it's supposed to be cute.
Winter would decide to return today. I put in an hour of sign waving (For the record, my sign just said "No More") and then went to Starbucks. Yeah. I know. But at least I went for an hour. I guess that was good.
Jeez, you know you're over-analysing things when going to a rally makes you feel guilty.

No comments: